This is the Essential First Step……
Change Your LinkedIn Security & Privacy Settings
Go To Your Linkedin Profile Settings
Before we begin making changes to your profile, the first thing we need to do is adjust your settings so people who you are already connected with won’t receive a notification every time you make a small change or improvement to your LinkedIn profile.
Press on the button in the top right hand corner of your screen that is a micro image of your LinkedIn photo.
And choose Privacy and Settings – Review
In privacy controls –
• Turn off your activity broadcasts
• Select who can see your activity feed to only you.
• In ‘Select what others see when you’ve viewed their profile’ – allow your name and headline to show when you have read someone else’s profile (unless you are performing competitor analysis or something similar – you may want to turn it to anonymous.
• In the ‘connections’ – turn to Only You.
• Change your profile photo & visibility » let everyone see your profile.