Terms & Conditions – Melbourne Resumes
This agreement (the “Agreement”) is entered into by and between You and Melbourne Resumes. By using the services of Melbourne Resumes You are entering into this Agreement with us and demonstrating that You agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Melbourne Resumes is the owner of the website whose registered office is in Croydon, Vic 3136 and whose ABN is 98 479 551 607.
1. General. In these Terms of Service, “we”, “us”, “our” or “Melbourne Resumes” means Melbourne Resumes.
2. Description of Service. Melbourne Resumes is a fee based service that offers professional career management services. By entering into the Agreement You are indicating that You understand and agree that the Service is provided subject to availability. We disclaim all responsibility and liability for the availability, timeliness, security or reliability of the Service.
3. Pricing and Availability. Whilst we try and ensure that all details, descriptions and prices which appear on this Website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of any Services or Goods which You have ordered we will inform you of this as soon as possible and give You the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If You cancel the Agreement as a result of a pricing error prior to the commencement of service delivery and You have already paid for the Service, You will receive a complete refund. If we have commenced work, the refund amount will be determined subject to the stage of the Process reached.
4. Use of Documents. The Service and documents created are made available to You solely for your personal use only. By entering into the Agreement You agree not to otherwise copy, reproduce, alter, modify, imitate or publicly display any content unless for your own personal Career Management purposes without obtaining written permission from Melbourne Resumes.
5. Accuracy of Information. By entering into the Agreement You are representing that all information provided is accurate and up to date. We will not be liable for any inaccuracies in the documents produced where such inaccuracies are a result of the information You have provided and you have confirmed your satisfaction with the documents.
6. Our Process. By entering into the Agreement You are agreeing to the following process (the “Process”):
If you have purchased the Gold or Silver service a questionnaire will be sent to You within 5 business days from the date that your payment receipt is received.
You must undertake to complete the questionnaire to the best of your ability. By entering into the Agreement You acknowledge that the quality of your documents is contingent upon the information You provide to us.
Once You have returned your completed questionnaire we will provide You with an estimated date of completion for your documents. Our writing schedule is structured according to the return date of each questionnaire. These timeframes are fluid as a result of client demand and writer availability.
After writing has been completed, your documents will be put through our Quality Assurance process, involving in-depth review by a senior writer to assess the quality and target alignment of the documents before being sent to You for revision.
You then have up to 3 occasions, depending on the service level, over a 2 week period to take the opportunity to make amendments to the wording, formatting and structure of your documents until You are satisfied with the final products. This entitlement is subject to change should you have conflicting application deadlines.
7. Special Client Requirements. If You require changes to the Process, alternate timeframes or a suspension of services or product delivery this can be arranged via negotiation.
8. Process Modifications. We reserve the right to modify the Process based on particular client needs and individual circumstances at our discretion.
9. Refusal of Service. We reserve the right to refuse service if we deem our services unsuitable to client needs or circumstances.
10. Cancellation. Should You decide to terminate the Agreement, prior to the commencement of writing your questionnaire, You may under special circumstances be eligible to receive a refund less a 10% administration fee. This is subject to notification in writing prior to the end of the quarter in which the booking is made.
If your service order is cancelled or modified once we have commenced work on your documents and if you have not communicated within the quarter, you have until the end of the financial quarter from your purchase date to receive a store credit for up to a maximum of 6 months.
There will be no refunds for change of mind, a store credit for up to 6 months can be provided.
11. Inability to Complete the Questionnaire. If You do not respond to the questionnaire within 30 days or notify us of any change in circumstances, the service will be terminated and a refund will not be issued. To be eligible for a refund You must advise us within the 30 day period following the receipt of the questionnaire that You are unable/choose not to complete the questionnaire. Should You require an extension this can be arranged via negotiation within the 30 day period.
If you return the questionnaire within the 30 day period but do not respond to more than 60% of the entire questionnaire it is at our discretion whether we continue with completion of your documents or terminate the service.
If you are eligible for a refund in either of the above mentioned circumstances, the amount will be determined subject to the stage of the Process reached.
12. Suspension/Termination. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate service agreements at our discretion should communications and/or collaboration break down. Should services be terminated in this circumstance, the refund amount will be determined subject to the stage of the Process reached.
13. Amendments. If a disagreement arises during the amendment period, we will advise You as to our professional opinion on what the best course of action would be. You may use your discretion as to how the documents are amended, however if You choose to disregard our advice, we will not endorse the changes that occur against our recommendations.
14. Additional Amendments. If, following the one week amendment period, You are unhappy with your documents, we reserve the right to evaluate whether we deem additional amendments of your documents appropriate.
15. Deposits. All deposits are non-refundable, they are made in good faith and reservation of time and services.
16. Disclaimer of Liability. While we provide our services in good faith, we cannot guarantee that the services provided to You will procure employment with any particular employer. By entering into the Agreement You accept that the documents we create are subjective, opinions vary and that we cannot guarantee any improvements to your job prospects.
All express or implied guarantees, warranties, representations, or other terms and conditions relating to these Terms of Service or their subject matter, not contained in these Terms of Service, are excluded from these Terms of Service to the maximum extent permitted by law.
If any guarantee, warranty, term or condition is implied or imposed in relation to these Terms of Service under the Australian Consumer Law or any other applicable legislation and cannot be excluded (a “Non-Excludable Provision”), and Melbourne Resumes is able to limit the remedy for a breach of the Non-Excludable Provision, then the liability of Melbourne Resumes for breach of the Non-Excludable Provision is limited to supplying of the services again or remedying the service defect.
Subject to Melbourne Resumes’ obligations under the Non-Excludable Provisions and to the maximum extent permitted by law, Melbourne Resumes is not liable for, and no measure of damages will, under any circumstances, include:
special, indirect, consequential, incidental or punitive damages; or damages for loss of profits, revenue, goodwill, anticipated savings or loss or corruption of data, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, under statute, under an indemnity, based on fundamental breach or breach of a fundamental term or on any other basis, whether or not such loss or damage was foreseeable and even if advised of the possibility of the loss or damage.
17. Law and Jurisdiction. These terms and conditions are to be construed in accordance with the laws of Victoria, Australia and in the event of any dispute or claim associated with these terms and conditions, that dispute or claim shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Victorian courts. By entering into the Agreement You are submitting to the jurisdiction of Victoria.
18. Prohibitions. You must not misuse this Website. You will not: commit or encourage a criminal offence; transmit or distribute a virus, trojan, worm, logic bomb or post any other material which is malicious, technologically harmful, in breach of confidence or in any way offensive or obscene; hack into any aspect of the Service; corrupt data; cause annoyance to other users; infringe upon the rights of any other person’s proprietary rights; send any unsolicited advertising or promotional material, commonly referred to as “spam”; or attempt to affect the performance or functionality of any computer facilities of or accessed through this Website. Melbourne Resumes will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and disclose your identity to them.
Melbourne Resumes will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of this Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
19. Intellectual Property. The intellectual property rights in all software and content made available to You on or through this Site remain the property of Melbourne Resumes and are protected by intellectual property laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved by. You may only store, print and display the content supplied for your own personal use. You are not permitted to publish, manipulate, distribute or otherwise reproduce, in any format, any of the content or copies of the content supplied to You or which appears on this Site nor may You use any such content in connection with any business or commercial enterprise.