Are you an Experienced Resume Writer, Looking for Freelance Writing Jobs?
Want Flexibility and Freedom as a Freelance Writer?
Enjoy Helping Others Succeed in Reaching Their Goals?
If you’re interested in working from the comfort of your own home, using your career strategy and Australian job market skills and experience to earn extra money, then we may have the perfect opportunity for you.
We are looking for some part time Writers to help us work with clients to help them take the next step in their careers.
Your work experience and general job market knowledge will be appreciated as you help craft a compelling resume, cover letter and LinkedIn profile that convinces the recruiters and employers to interview our clients. Full training is provided for the successful candidates.
You may be an academic, work full time, or be a parent who wants the flexibility of working what ever time of the day you choose. Our writers come from such diverse backgrounds, and we love having a team who come from various industries and occupations.
Melbourne Resumes work passionately with our clients to make a smooth and easy career transition and we have proven success in creating powerful resumes, cover letters, LinkedIn profiles and selection criteria responses that generate great interviews for our clients.
If you are seeking some part time work, that allows you to work from home, and allows you to choose your own hours, then please read over these points:
Information about the role:
- Long term ongoing contract role, working approximately 8 – 15 hours per week
- Work from home, but enjoy a team environment as we work via email (and sometimes phone!)
- Write professional resumes, cover letters and LinkedIn profiles for a diverse range of industries and occupations
- As you become proficient in writing, we’ll engage your services with proofreading other documents.
You’ll be paid for each writing project as a contractor. Most of our writers have been working for 3+ years as a contractor, and enjoy taking on projects when it’s convenient for them. For example, you can choose to do one project per week, or ask for more if you have the time. There’s no worries if you want to take some time off, as you are a contractor, you can just let us know that you’re not available.
You’ll be joining a team that is based in Melbourne, Australia, and while 90% of our writers are Australian, we do have some excellent writers from England and the USA on our team.
After completing your training, you’ll commence on the easier entry level resumes, and progress to more interesting and challenging assignments.
Key Competencies required:
- Written Communication – you’ll be reading through notes on our client’s experience, and be asked to write resumes, cover letters and job applications based on this information. You’ll write concise bullet points that summarise skills and expertise, as well as write nicely flowing conversational style cover letters and key selection criteria responses.
- Attention to detail – you’ll be proofreading your own writing to ensure that all key skills and experiences have been included within the job application documents, and most importantly, there are zero errors with spelling, grammar and formatting.
- Well Organised – you’ll have the luxury of working from home, and won’t have anyone micro-managing your every movement, so you’ll have to effectively manage your own use of time, and ensure that the resume projects are completed on, or before, the due date and time. (You get 72 hours for each writing project).
- Work Experience – Ideally, you’ll have strong experience within one of the industries that we specialise in, however you will quickly learn how to write powerful resumes and documents that generate great results for our clients. Here is a list of the industries that we specialise in:
- Accounting & Financial Services
- Administration & Business Support
- Human Resources & OHS
- IT and Telecommunications
- Operations & Supply Chain Management
- Trade & Engineering
- Sales & Marketing
Time Saving Process – You don’t need to spend anytime on the telephone with our clients, we protect you from needing to take calls and respond to emails from clients, so all you have to do is to create the documents and proofread them.
- Freedom – as a freelance resume writer, you have the flexibility to work from anywhere. You set your own hours and schedule and take as few or as many assignments as you like.
- Flexibility – Melbourne Resumes encourage their writers to accept/continue freelance assignments with other professional writing services.
- No Set Up Costs – all you need is a computer with word, internet connection (and an ABN if you are Australian resident).
- Payment is made fortnightly – bonuses are available for resume writers with excellent customer feedback.
- Professional training is provided – you’ll receive a Certificate for Professional Writing Services and modules include:
- Module 1. Professional Resume Writing
- Module 2. Professional Cover letter Writing
- Module 3. Professional LinkedIn Profile Writing
- Module 4. Key Selection Criteria Response Writing
If this role interests you:
please email your resume and cover letter to
Katharine at firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon Invitation, You will be asked to go to the Next Step: Answering these Questions